There's more to teaching than knowing your topic. You have to know your students and how they learn. You have to understand group dynamics and manage interactions. You have to prepare your material and visual aids, and you have to deliver your sessions in a way that creates profound experiences.
BMGI's Train-the-Trainer course is an intensive skill-building experience that teaches participants how to become better instructors, presenters, meeting leaders, mentors and coaches. You learn the practices, behaviors and tools you need to improve audience participation, buy-in, comprehension, retention and application.
Specifically, this course teaches you how to plan and organize materials, including openers and closers, curriculum "shaping" methods and visual aids. You'll be exposed to a variety of experiential learning principles that you can use to increase your teaching effectiveness. And you'll delve into the specifics of the adult learning cycle and different learning styles.
A differentiating aspect of this course is its dedication to developing and practicing your own voice, or delivery style. Participants practice delivery three times, including a short impromptu training to establish a baseline style and two longer, planned trainings that allow application of the knowledge and techniques learned. Through reviewing videotaped portions, the group will assess delivery style and go over feedback to refine your abilities.
Delivered in a safe, fun and supportive environment, this course emphasizes practice, application and demonstrated competency. You learn by doing, which is exactly how you will teach after this class!
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the adult learning cycle.
- Identify and teach to the four learning styles and seven types of “smarts.”
- Apply experiential learning principles to make facilitating/training more engaging and effective.
- Compare hierarchical (lecture), co-operative (activities) and autonomous (reflection) training modes.
- Identify behaviors that contribute to confident presentations/facilitations.
- Set the scene for learning using powerful openers and closers.
- Apply curriculum “shaping” methods to improve participation and comprehension.
- Effectively deal with difficult audience/team members.
- Develop effective visual aids.
- Plan and organize training materials so sessions flow seamlessly from start to finish and knowledge retention is maximized.
What is the price of this training and education?
R 12,250 (Exclusive VAT)
What is the length?
Who is this training and education appropriate for?
Are there any prerequisites?
- Pre-course reading
- Pre-course questionnaire
- Does this course count as one of the electives for the Master Black Belt program?
Yes, Train-the-Trainer is an elective for Master Black Belt certification.
- Does BMGI offer a blended learning option for Train the Trainer training and coaching?
We do not have an off-the-shelf blended course, but BMGI can design a customized program for your company that incorporates the best of our online learning, classroom instruction, webinars and mentoring support. This program is ideal for organizations that have a regionally dispersed or globally diverse employee base speaking several different languages. Contact us for more information.
View the Complete Agenda