Unlike most creativity courses that focus only on idea generation, this course outlines the importance of a growth strategy and a balanced innovation portfolio with respect to selecting the right innovation projects for your business. Once selecting the right projects, this course teaches you a diverse set of tools within a complete roadmap that takes you from problem identification to ideation to implementation to commercialization.
BMGI’s Structured Innovation course follows a systematic innovation roadmap, D4 (Define, Discover, Develop and Demonstrate), shown below. D4 helps you identify unmet customer needs, generate ideas to fulfil those needs, analyse the most promising solutions and test the end product/process. It enables you to do this within a purely innovation context, or as an enabler to your Lean Six Sigma program or project.
This course offers you the opportunity to work on a real business issue with guidance from the innovation experts behind The Innovator’s Toolkit: 50+ Techniques for Predictable and Sustainable Organic Growth (Wiley). As a participant, you’ll learn the authors’ unique approach for innovating and designing new products, processes and business models.
Techniques learned and applied in this course include but are not limited to:
|Jobs To Be Done||Resource Optimization||Function Structure||Mistake Proofing|
|Outcome Expectations||Random Stimulus||TILMAG||Prototyping & Piloting|
|Ideal Innovation||Imaginary Brainstorming||Morphological Matrix|
|Job Scoping||Structured Abstraction|
|Kirton Adaption Innovation||Concept Tree|
|Nine Windows||Six Modes of Thinking|
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Solve business problems using a variety of innovation and design tools.
- Understand how the outputs of some tools flow as inputs into other tools along the chain of innovation and design.
- Identify unarticulated customer needs and get to the heart of your innovation and design dilemmas.
- Discover alternative solutions using innovative problem-solving tools.
- Develop ideas into solutions and demonstrate success with prototyping and piloting.
- Apply a roadmap for innovation and design to solve business problems with measurable success.
What is the price of this training and education?
R 23,750 (Exclusive VAT)
What is the length?
Who is this training and education appropriate for?
What other materials are included?
- The Innovator’s Toolkit: 50+ Techniques for Predictable and Sustainable Organic Growth, by BMGI's David Silverstein and Phil Samuel
- Insourcing Innovation: How to Achieve Competitive Excellence Using TRIZ, by BMGI's David Silverstein and Phil Samuel
Are there any prerequisites?
Pre-class reading assignment