Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training gives you the skills you need to lead teams through breakthrough improvements and support strategic objectives in any function or department of any organization.
Unlike less rigorous courses, BMGI's Black Belt course prepares you to solve a wide variety of difficult problems across a wide spectrum of industries, including transactional, service, manufacturing and healthcare—drawing on both quantitative and qualitative methods from the complementary domains of Lean and Six Sigma.
Additionally, this course prepares Black Belts for their role as change agents in training and mentoring Green Belts and other resources, facilitating and leading projects, supporting broader performance excellence efforts and serving as internal consultants.
Another differentiating aspect of this course is the inclusion of creative-thinking modules that can be used within the structure of DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) to dislodge a team’s thinking when members are mired in their own assumptions and familiarity with their processes.
The duration of this course is spread out over a five-month time frame because the scope and depth of learning is extensive. BMGI expert instructors lead lectures, group exercises, process and tool simulations, and individual exercises to transfer knowledge and challenge students to extract the most value from the experience. Participants also gain significant skills in graphical and statistical analysis using Minitab software.
Between classroom sessions, candidates work on their assignments and workplace improvement project. Each candidate has a designated BMGI Master Black Belt program manager who provides mentoring and support. To further enhance the certification process, BMGI’s Certification Portal provides a structured and supportive phase-based approach to completing project work and achieving certification.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply such Lean concepts as 5S, waste reduction, process mapping, value stream mapping and mistake proofing.
- Define, scope and execute DMAIC projects and Kaizen events.
- Apply the DMAIC methodology to business issues and transition projects from phase to phase.
- Apply basic and more advanced statistical analyses to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs.
- Effectively manage team dynamics and understand how to work with multiple levels of leadership to remove barriers and achieve project success.
- Close projects and hand over control to process owners.
- Present projects to instructors, peers and managers.
What is the price of this training and education?
R 71,800 (Exclusive VAT)
What is the length?
Who is this training and education appropriate for?
What other materials are included?
- Minitab 17 software license (classroom option only)
- Access to BMGI's eLearning content, including quizzes, exams, tools and templates.
Are there any prerequisites?
- Basic statistical knowledge preferred but not required
- Recommended reading
- What is the BMGI Certification Portal?
The Certification Portal outlines what deliverables are required and provides phase templates and guidelines to help students clearly understand the required deliverables and how to meet them successfully. This also includes personal coaching feedback from a Master Black Belt mentor at each phase.
- Does BMGI offer a blended learning option for Black Belt training and certification?
We do not have an off-the-shelf blended course, but BMGI can design a customized program for your company that incorporates the best of our online learning, classroom instruction, webinars and mentoring support. This program is ideal for organizations that have a regionally dispersed or globally diverse employee base speaking several different languages. Contact us for more information.
- How do I know if Black Belt training and certification are right for me?
Visit our article "Lean Six Sigma Black Belt: Is It Right for You?" for more information and FAQs.
View the Complete Agenda
Week One DMA
Week Two AIC
Week Three Tools
Week Four Tools
Week Five Tools
- Project Reviews
- Introduction to Logistic Regression
- Advanced Regression
- DOE – Full Factorials
- DOE – 2K Factorial Designs
- DOE – 2K Fractional Factorials
- DOE – Attribute DOE
- Solution Generation & Selection Review
- Creative Thinking Techniques
- Control Charts
- Lean Tools Review
- Control Methods
- Attribute SPC
- Introduction to Surveys
- Introduction to Statistical Process Control (SPC)
Black Belt certification has enabled me to deliver significant productivity and quality benefits to the business. I now manage 12 major projects, and have become recognized as a source of knowledge and support. Black Belt training also definitely assisted me in in obtaining a global process excellence leadership role.
Bruce Meuli - Black Belt, UBS Bank