What you will learn
This course develops Lean Six Sigma (LSS) green belts into black belts who can solve more challenging problems and lead improvement teams across a wider spectrum of processes (transactional, service, manufacturing, healthcare, financial).
Unlike less rigorous courses, this course requires green belts to pass three exams and complete a workplace project before they’re certified as black belts. Qualifying projects remove sources of substandard quality, streamline processes or otherwise significantly reduce costs or increase revenue.
This course enabled me to upgrade from a green belt to a black belt with great proficiency and speed. The classroom experience and instructors were absolutely terrific, directly enabling me to apply what I learned to get immediate results on a project, and to keep solving process problems on an ongoing basis.
Karry Kirchner - Process Improvement Leader, MBB, Siemens Industry, Inc.
LSS black belts are professional problem solvers and mentors. With this in mind, BMGI instructors take great care to transfer all the necessary skills that green belts will need to become effective black belts and, in some cases, fill higher-level technical or management positions.
A differentiating aspect of this course is the inclusion of creative-thinking modules that can be used when out-of-the-box solutions are needed. These creative techniques can dislodge a team’s thinking when members are mired in their own assumptions and familiarity with their own processes.
Another differentiator is that BMGI master instructors are available (via phone and email) throughout the duration of this course to provide individualized coaching and mentoring as students apply their tools and skills in their home organizations.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply such Lean concepts as 5S, waste reduction, process mapping, value stream mapping and mistake proofing.
- Define, scope and execute DMAIC projects and Kaizen events.
- Apply a variety of DMAIC tools to business issues and transition projects from phase to phase.
- Apply basic and more advanced statistical analyses to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs.
- Effectively manage team dynamics and understand how to work with multiple levels of leadership to remove barriers and achieve project success.
- Close projects and hand over control to process owners.
- Present projects to instructors, peers and managers.
Free problem solving resources
Course at a Glance
- Green belt status with basic knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma concepts and techniques. Click here for more information.
- Recommended reading
- Green belt status with basic knowledge of Lean concepts and techniques.
- Recommended reading
€ 7,485 (Exclusive VAT)
- Minitab 16 software license (classroom option only).
- Access to BMGI's eLearning content, including quizzes, exams, tools and templates.